LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Herbalife Nutrition (NYSE: HLF), a premier global nutrition company, today announced that leaders and experts from its staff of more than 300 scientists, Ph.D.’s, and advisors, will participate at upcoming scientific conferences worldwide. Presentations will cover a broad range of nutrition-related topics, including antioxidants for healthy aging and the co-existence of micronutrient deficiency in obesity.
“It’s an honor to have members of our scientific team present to leading researchers, organizations and institutions around the world,” said Dr. Kent Bradley, vice president, Medical Affairs and Nutrition Education, Herbalife Nutrition. “As a Company, our mission is to provide solutions to global issues like battling the many aspects of malnutrition and rising healthcare costs, so we’re enthusiastic about sharing our research that influences our rigorous product development.”
Herbalife Nutrition experts will present at the following events:
Symposium on Carbohydrate, Glycemic Index and Health, Universidad Tecnológica de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico—October 15
- Mario Alberto Molás Ramírez, M.D, and Marien Garza, M.S., R.D., Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board and Dietetic Advisory Board members, respectively, will participate in a roundtable discussion on food supplements, which will be moderated by Carolina Chevallier, M.Sc., senior manager of Scientific Affairs, for Herbalife Nutrition’s South and Central America region.
- Herbalife Nutrition will co-sponsor the event along with the Cámara de la Industria Alimentaria de Jalisco Laboratory (the Laboratory of Chamber of Food Industry from Jalisco).
- Professor Hans K. Biesalski, Ph.D., Herbalife Nutrition Institute editorial board member, will give a presentation titled, “Obesity and Micronutrient Deficiencies.”
- Carel le Roux, MBChB, MSc, FRCP, FRCPath, Ph.D., Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board member, will give a presentation titled, “Challenges to Maintain Muscle Mass on a Low Calorie Diet with Exercise.”
- Herbalife Nutrition will also sponsor a scientific session titled, “Combatting Obesity Through Lifestyle Changes.”
- David Heber, M.D., Ph.D., Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board member, will give a presentation on new research with antioxidant ingredients at the workshop titled, “Healthy Aging: Antioxidants, Adaptogens and Cognition.”
- Vasilios (Bill) Frankos, M.S., Ph.D., senior corporate advisor of product science, safety and compliance, and health and nutrition, will be part of the featured session titled, “DSHEA @ 25: Legal Reform and the Future of the Law.”
- Jiang Hu, Ph.D., DABT, associate fellow, Global Product Science and Safety, will give a presentation titled, “Safety Evaluation of Purified Aloe Whole Leaf Juice.”
- Gary Swanson, senior vice president, Quality Assurance and Control, will moderate the session titled, “Aloe Vera Regulatory and Legal Challenges.”
- Herbalife Nutrition will sponsor the Aloe breakout session on regulatory and legal challenges and science and innovation.
- Isabel Garcia Tornadu, Ph.D., senior research and development scientist, Scientific Affairs, for Herbalife Nutrition’s South and Central America region, will give a poster presentation titled, “Lipase and Glycosidase Activity Assessment of Select Aloe Vera Fractions for Oral Consumption.”
- Joosang Park, Ph.D., principal scientist, Global Product Science and Safety, will present a poster titled, “Improvement of Intake Macronutrients and Micronutrients by a High-Protein Partial Meal Replacement Diet in Overweight and Obese Individuals.”
- Simon Sum, DCN, RDN, ACSM-CPT, FAND, senior manager, Global Product Science & Safety, Pamela Wu, DPA, RDN, and Kristy Appelhans, M.S, NMD, senior director, Global Post-Market and Medical Surveillance will be available to speak with registered dietitians, nutrition researchers, educators, and students at exhibit booth #1120
- Kristy Appelhans, M.S., NMD., senior director, Global Post-Market and Medical Surveillance, Herbalife Nutrition, will be taking 15-minute wellness consultations with attendees to discuss fitness and nutrition goals at the APHA Wellness Center.
- Nancy Ramirez, MPH, manager, Global Product Safety & Surveillance, along with other scientific staff, will be on hand to educate attendees about healthy behavior changes and to sample Herbalife Nutrition products at the Company’s booth #712.
To learn more about how Herbalife Nutrition is educating consumers, visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com
About Herbalife Nutrition
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier. The Company has been on a mission for nutrition – changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and programs – since 1980. Herbalife Nutrition offers high-quality, science-backed products, one-on-one coaching with a Herbalife Nutrition independent distributor, and a supportive community that inspires customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Herbalife Nutrition’s targeted nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available through its independent distributors in more than 90 countries.
Herbalife Nutrition supports the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists community organizations focused on providing good nutrition. Herbalife Nutrition is also proud to sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe.
Herbalife Nutrition has more than 8,300 employees worldwide. To learn more, visit Herbalife.com.