If you are on a calorie restrictive diet and feel starved most of the time, then look no further! A week long 1500-calore meal plan can help you with weight loss by creating a calorie deficit yet not making you feel starved. The number of calories that you need to eat in a day is not just dependent on your diet but also on the level of your physical activity. Experts believe that 1500-calorie diet, which is 500 calories less than 2000-calorie diet, is enough to shed 0.45 kgs in a week. Reducing your overall calorie intake can help you lose weight with ease, but make sure it doesn’t cause any more health problems like fatigue, headache, etc.
This 1500-calorie meal plan is a weight loss diet that can prevent all the guesswork that you have to do for deciding what you want to eat and how much. Calorie deficit can be achieved by losing body fat. Typically, what you need to do is reduction of 500 calories per day. However, biological and behavioural factors such as dietary adherence and difference in gut bacteria and metabolic rates can lead to people losing weight at different rates, mentions healthline. Thus, do not get discouraged if you don’t lose weight as quickly as expected.
Foods to eat on 1500-calorie diet
Sugary foods, desserts, refined carbs, fried food and junk food are completely off the table in 1500 calorie diet plan. Following are the foods that you can eat in 1500- calorie diet plan:
1. Starchy and non-starchy vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, potatoes, peas and sweet potatoes.
2. Fresh and seasonal fruits like apples, berries, melons, grapes, bananas, pears, etc.
3. Protein rich foods like eggs, chicken, turkey, tofu, tempeh.
4. Legumes like kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans and lentils.
5. Healthy fats like olive oil, avocado, coconut oil and ghee.
6. Dairy products like milk, cottage cheese, cheese and probiotics like kefir and yogurt. You can also have plant-based milk like coconut milk, cashew or almond milk.
7. Nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
8. Zero calorie beverages like green tea, water, sugar-free tea and coffee.
9. Spices and seasonings like oregano, garlic, chilli pepper, black pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, salsa, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
In a 1500-calorie diet plan, you need to focus on increasing your fibre and protein intake. This is because fibrous and protein-rich foods can fill you up and make you feel full for longer, thus reducing overall calorie intake and aiding quick weight loss.
The aforementioned list includes multiple options for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Do meal prepping in a way that you get all nutrients in a day. Including fibre and protein in every meal is the trick to follow this weight loss diet plan, along with regular exercise, less stress and good night’s sleep.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.